Ingredient quantities are loose so don't stress over amounts. I actually didn't measure anything. I used pinches, dabs and splashes and it came out fantastic. I didn't use any salt because the ham adds its own saltiness.
Simple Baked Eggs
serves one or two
2 pastured eggs
2t pastured butter
2t of heavy cream
1 slice of deli ham
1 fistful of baby spinach
2T grated Parmesan cheese
pinch dried marjoram
pinch dried dill
- Place two small single serving ramekins in cold oven and preheat to 350F.
- Mix herbs, pepper and cheese together and set aside.
- Rip spinach up into 1/2" pieces, discarding stems, set aside.
- Cut ham into 1/4" squares, divide in half and set aside.
- Very carefully remove hot ramekins from oven, add 1t butter and swirl to coat with melted butter.
- Add 1t cream to each ramekin.
- Line each ramekin with spinach. Layer ham on top. Don't worry if it clumps.
- Crack egg into each ramekin carefully keeping egg yolk intact. Break into separate cup/bowl if desired and then pour into ramekin.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending upon how well done you like the yolks. For runny yolks undercook slightly as the eggs will continue to cook after they are removed from the oven.
- The eggs will deflate slightly after coming out of the oven. Don't worry about it.
- Gently remove from ramekins and let cool slightly before eating.