Anyway, this dish was a total hit in my house. I had two bowls myself. I just wish I had some GF cornbread to go with it. That would have been perfect! Instead we had it with Cheesy Bread.
1pkg of four bone in chicken thighs
1c diced frozen onion
1 1/2c frozen corn
1can (15.5oz) cannellini beans
1can (15.5oz) black beans
1c Pacific Foods organic chicken broth
1jar (16oz) salsa (mild, medium or spicy as you wish)
4 cloves garlic or equivalent from a jar or two cubes frozen
1 1/2t ground cumin
1 1/2r dried oregano
1t dried cilantro
salt and pepper
- Skin chicken and remove excess fat
- Spray slow cooker with no stick oil.
- Place onion and frozen corn in bottom of slow cooker.
- Rinse and drain both cans of beans and add to slow cooker
- Place chicken on top
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cumin, oregano and cilantro
- Mix broth, water, salsa and garlic together in bowl and pour over chicken
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and remove meat from bone. Return meat to pot.