Friday, May 6, 2011

Broiled Shrimp

I had this for breakfast the other day.  My body needs high quality protein and without tofu as a substitute for the dairy I'd normally use I'm down to pure animal protein.  Anyway, this is a recipe for one person and can be used for any meal or served over salad.

Ingredients
serves 1

6 lg or colossal deveined defrosted uncooked shrimp
1T olive oil
salt
pepper
tarragon

  1. Rinse and thoroughly dry shrimp with a paper towel.
  2. Put shrimp, olive oil, pinch salt, pinch pepper and pinch tarragon in a sealable sandwich bag. 
  3. Shake to evenly coat.
  4. Lay out on rack over a tin foil lined pan (less mess) or on an oiled foil lined baking sheet.
  5. Place near broiler (not too close or it will burn)
  6. Cook 3 mins, flip over and cook another 3mins.
Variations:  garlic, lemon, marjoram, dill are also fine options.  Garlic burns easily so make sure you aren't too close to the heating element if you are using the real deal instead of garlic powder or garlic salt.

Note: I like using my toaster oven for this cuz I can watch them cook and make sure they aren't getting burned.  However, I found the cooking time to be a bit longer since I start it off cold.  It took between 5-10 and I didn't flip the shrimp because I used a rack instead of a sheet.  They were wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment