Friday, May 6, 2011

The Diet From Hell

Just when I had my diet tweaked out to give me the max amount of energy, no blood sugar spikes and to maximize the possibility of actually falling asleep at night my new nutritionist has thrown a wrench in the works.   She has put me on an elimination diet to check for food allergies/sensitivities.  I'm not going to get into this much here since this is my food blog.  Suffice it to say this has been a difficult several weeks for me and I'm reacting badly to the change in diet.  Welcome to the wonderful world of CFS.  Anyway, I wanted to say that the next handful of posts will be a direct result of my experimenting with cooking without the following list of foods:

Milk/dairy
Eggs
Wheat
Gluten (wheat, barley, rye, contaminated oats)
Corn
Soy
Sugar in any form
Chocolate
Cola
Citrus
Caffeine
Alcohol
Vinegars or anything fermented
Fungi (mushrooms)
Yeast
Artificial anything: coloring, flavoring, additives
Dried fruits: raisins, mango, apple, etc
Nightshade vegetables: tomato, white potato, eggplant, peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment