serves 1-2 (depending upon how hungry you are)
1c Basic Chicken Stock
2-3c cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
~1T of diced onion (I threw in a couple of frozen pearl onions)
pinch Celtic sea salt
grind of fresh pepper
1/2c raw milk Swiss cheese
- If using fresh cauliflower discard leaves, remove core and cut up florets.
- Using a 1qt pan put in the chicken stock and fill with as much cauliflower as will fit.
- Add onion, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until cauliflower is soft when pricked with a knife.
- Remove from heat.
- While soup is simmering, coarsely grate cheese so that you have about a half cup of loosely packed shavings. Adjust amount to your own taste.
- Using an immersion blender blend until smooth being very careful not to splash hot liquid on yourself.
- Stir in cheese and let melt.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.