All variations of this has been gobbled up by my family. It is supposed to feed four but between the three of us and the cat there isn't enough left for a fourth person.
It looks complicated but it is really easy to put together and of course it is a slow cooker recipe so you can go rest for at least three hours before having to get up to make some frozen veg for sides.
2-3lb pork loin roast
1t powdered ginger
2T cornstarch (preferably organic GMO free)
1-2T whole grain mustard
generous pinch Celtic sea salt
1c fresh or frozen cranberries
1 clove crushed garlic or 1/4t of minced garlic out of a jar
1/3c orange juice
3-4 thin slices of fresh orange
2-3c coarsely diced sweet potato
- Put the cornstarch, ginger and pepper in a gallon ziplock bag and mix thoroughly.
- Grease slow cooker with some olive oil.
- Rinse and pat dry pork roast.
- Put roast in ziplock bag and shake around to coat all sides with cornstarch mixture.
- Place roast in slow cooker fat side up. Dump all extra cornstarch mixture into slow cooker with the roast. This will act as thickener for the gravy that forms.
- Paint mustard on top of roast with a knife. Adjust amount to personal taste.
- Put cranberries, juice, sugar, salt, garlic on either side of roast.
- Lay orange slices along top of roast neatly. This makes for a nice presentation later in addition to flavoring the roast itself.
- Layer potatoes along each side of the roast.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove roast and put it on serving platter. Surround with potatoes and cranberries.
- Scoop out sauce and put it in a gravy seperator and let sit for a few minutes. Pour off into gravy boat leaving fat behind. Put a few cranberries in for interest.
- Serve with green beans or carrots. YUM!!