Saturday, May 5, 2012

Vivaldi Salad con Pollo e Bello

This is a my version of Bertucci's Vivaldi Salad.  I got tired of their portions shrinking to minuscule sizes plus I knew the version I could make at home was healthier since I use all organic ingredients.

If I am doing badly, their are some easy cheats for this one.  Instead of my dressing, use Newman's Own Parmesan and Garlic for the mushroom caps and asparagus, and Balsamic Vinaigrette for the chicken and salad.

You can also double the salad dressing ingredient amounts and save the extra for later.  I always have a jar of this on my dinner table waiting for spontaneous salads to appear.  I use an old Grey Poupon jar.

Ingredients
serves 2

salad dressing and marinade
4T extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
4T good balsamic vinegar
fresh ground pepper
1/2t dried thyme (1t if using fresh)
1/2t dried marjoram (1t if using fresh)

salad base
Organic Spring Mix salad mix (amount varies depending upon how hungry you are)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (preferably free range organic)
2 large portabello mushroom caps
2/3 bunch asparagus

salad options
cherry tomatoes
cucumber slices
sliced scallions
red onion slices
Crasins
feta cheese crumbles
goat cheese crumbles
walnut pieces

  1. Place marinade ingredients in jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well.
  2. Put 1-2T of marinade in a large Ziploc bag along with chicken.  Add a pinch of celtic sea salt.  Seal and coat chicken well.  Let sit while BBQ heats up.
  3. Peel mushroom caps.  Pour some marinade on the caps and massage marinade into cap and gills.
  4. Snap off ends of asparagus.  Pour some marinade on the spears.
  5. Grill meat, mushrooms and asparagus.  Put asparagus on cool part of grill since the tips burn easily.
  6. While meat is grilling plate up salad greens and add all the options that you prefer.
  7. When meat and vegetables are done slice up and place on top of salad.  Pour remaining marinade on salad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment