1-2lbs bone in chicken thighs (4 pieces)
1/4c frozen onion diced
1 1/4c favorite BBQ sauce (I like Annie's original with sweet & spicy being my second favorite)
1t -1T hot sauce (optional:I left this out)
medium sized deli container of coleslaw (try to find stuff without HFCS)
Favorite GF hamburger buns
- Strip skin off chicken and cut away extra fat.
- Spray no stick in slow cooker and put onion in first and then layer chicken on top.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix BBQ sauce with hot sauce and pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for three hours.
- Remove chicken pieces from sauce strip from bone and return to pot.
- I get my GF buns frozen so this is the point where I defrost them in the microwave.
- Put chicken on bun, add coleslaw on top.
- Top with pepperjack cheese instead of slaw
- Make with pork instead of chicken