When I made this I used Health Valley potato leak soup and Pacific Natural Foods Cream of Chicken and free range stock.
1 can potato leak soup (condensed or regular)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1-2c chicken stock
1/2c wild rice or any Lundburg rice mix
1/4c chopped onion (fresh or frozen)
1-2c frozen sliced carrots (or fresh)
1/4t poultry seasoning (sage works as a good substitute)
1/4-1/2t minced garlic (from the jar is easiest)
pinch of pepper
1-2lbs bone in chicken thighs (take skin off)
- Grease crockpot
- layer in rice, onion and carrot
- Place skinned thighs on top.
- In a mixing bowl combine both cans of soup and the stock. If both soups are condensed use 2c broth. If one is condensed then only use 1c stock. If neither are condensed skip stock.
- Mix in garlic, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Combine thoroughly and pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Before serving remove chicken and shred meat into bite sized pieces. Discard bones and put meat back in soup.
- Adjust seasoning. I found it needed some extra salt and pepper.